Ni Hao!
The fall is my favorite time of year at home. When the air is just beginning to change from blistering hot to needing a long sleeve tee shirt. The trees are changing from green to yellow to red to brown and there is that itchy feeling to go on a road trip. I know then that pumpkin pie and family gatherings are on the horizon. It truly is a wonderful time of year.
In Kunming the weather change is not as obvious as in Nebraska, Illinois, Wyoming, or South Dakota. Yet there is still a hint of anticipation. Anticipation for what though is the question I have this year. What do the people of Kunming anticipate? I know what I anticipate when I live at home and I know what I am anticipating this year. This September I anticipate meeting the newest Jasmer baby: hopefully a little niece!! This 15th of September I anticipate celebrating my two year anniversary of living and studying in China. It has been a long two years and yet it is amazing how the time has flown. This September I anticipate going to a new city in China to visit a clinic associated with an other non profit organization.
I will begin my research career this September. I am so excited!! I will be asking all my questions regarding how to do and start medical work in China. At this point I don’t know if I will get all the answers I want or if I will need to ask more questions later but I look forward to starting this quest. This beginning to answers to what is always a growing need to know more or know why comes at just the right time.
I told all of you faithful that I would go to school for two years and then start doing medical work here-hopefully with leprosy patients. At this point I do not have enough information to know if the leprosy work is still where I am needed. That is part of my plan until December. To ask the right questions to find the next step for me. Right now I can tell you that me in the trenches may be a little far off still-not two years off-but perhaps a little farther away than March of 2012. I have only 68 hours of formal class time, 78 hours of informal class time, 52 hours of tutoring, and 2 trips before I return to the United States for Home Assignment. When I return in March I will return to school, return to research, and (if I haven’t already) discover the next step for me.
Praise Father for the anticipation of new starts-new life, new roads, new seasons!! Ask Father to reveal His purposes to me as well as to allow the people of China to have something to anticipate.
Love you All. Denise
No comments:
Post a Comment