Contributors

Monday, October 24, 2011

2011 Yunnan State Fair
















In August there was a big event held in Kunming and I know that many of you have been holding your breath to hear how it went. The Second Annual Wai Guo Ren Yunnan State Fair!! (translation of Wai Guo Ren: foreigner)






Since this was only the second annual I was nervous. Last year the event had been treated very seriously by all who had attended and I was hoping that this year it would be as important. But I was unsure because only one other person and myself had attended last year. All last year attendees were unable to make it this year. So the risk was that all the new attendees would not see how serious the event truly was.

However, to my great joy and encouragement Everyone were very excited and intense. The Judges were very impartial even though they had threatened to take bribes and every entry was top notch. I would not have wanted to be a Judge. Out potluck was amazing and this year we rode on more rides than we did last year. I almost lost my glasses!! So, because I know you are waiting to hear how well I did or didn't do lets begin.


The first entries

Faye made this Chocolate Creme Filled Yunnan Shaped Cake. She won first prize.

Kellie's second prize Chocolate Silk Pie.


The first four vegetable entries.

All the vegetables entered. In the category for Largest are: two zucchinis, one carrot, two tomatoes. Int the category for Most Beautiful are: cherry tomatoes, one eggplant


Faye's beautiful Tomato.

A very long zucchini.


My beautiful Eggplant. Won Second place to Kellie's gorgeous Cherry Tomatoes.




My large Carrot also won second place.





Faye also decorated this Cabbage into a self portrait. The judges had a hard time choosing between her's and Kellie's.


Kellie's decorated vegetable entry takes the shape of a mouse family. She also won first place in this category.




Kellie's Largest Tomato won first prize.

Morgan's beautiful art and craft entry. Artwork behind glass and on top of glass.



Kellie's first place art and craft entry.

My second place scarf, eggplant, and carrot.











The "Fair Grounds" were decorated in umbrellas and stars. We were sure that is was because they knew we were coming.















1 comment:

PegS said...

Your Fair is so creative!! What fun! I hope next year's is as good and even better!