Here’s to the birthday boy who’s saved our lives it’s something we all try to ignore and put a wreath up on your door so here’s something you should know that is for sure Christmas must be something more. Taylor Swift (Christmas must be something more)
The months leading up to this Christmas have been very hectic. I have traveled to and fro to many different places for many different reasons. My research trip to Tai Yuan was fruitful. I now know a researcher who is doing active research and who is willing to teach me. I have talked to my team leaders and sketched a very general plan for 2012. I had a short vacation in Chiang Mai and had three cavities filled. I stayed with a teammate in Bangkok to support her while she was in the hospital and I have concluded my schooling until I return back to KM. I arrived in the United States in time for Thanksgiving and was able to celebrate with both sides of extended family. I have been busy but feel incredibly blessed. I have the pleasure of spending Christmas in the United States this year.
When I was in Chiang Mai I met a 33 year old man named Tariq. A muslim man seeking for Truth. Open to hearing but not convinced-not even in the faith he was raised in all his life until now. We talked frankly about many things but he was struck by the fact that Christ said that the way to heaven was narrow and that many would knock on the gates and would be told to go away for He never knew them. (Luke 13:24-30) This man sat in his flourishing shop and almost cried. He looked at me with troubled eyes and said, “that is so scary” I told him that I agree because we are taught our whole lives that we have to earn what we get. The grade on a test, the allowance, If we don’t deserve a good thing it is suspicious. Christ goes against our human nature. But when we believe in Christ we get to be heirs with Him in heaven.
Why do you celebrate Christmas? Because you have always done so, it is your family’s Tradition? It is your Safety Net just in case Christ really is the Messiah? Have you begun to ask questions? Fine ask your questions search out the Truth. For if you truly seek for it God will show it to you. Christmas nativities, singing silent night while holding candles, eating pie, and enjoying friends and family are all just small pieces of the bigger picture. Christmas is more that all those special moments. It is the powerful moment when God came down to earth to fix the broken relationship between Him and you. We don’t deserve this gift. But God wants to give it to us. Christ said in the same passage I read to Tariq that to follow Him one must count the cost. Christ requires All of you.(Luke 14:26-33) If you are only celebrating Christmas due to tradition or as a safety net in the end He will tell you to Go Away.
Please pray with me for Tariq that as he searches for Truth he may find it abundantly clear. I pray for each of you as you celebrate God’s desire for a relationship with Mankind. That you also would be seeking for and finding the Truth. And once Truth is found that you would be brave enough to give Him your ALL.
AS I spend the next few months meeting with you, talking more freely with you, and sharing with you about my last few years I hope that you will be encouraged. Not only in what you are each a part of but also to look for ways in your own lives to share the True Joy that you have with others.
AS I spend the next few months meeting with you, talking more freely with you, and sharing with you about my last few years I hope that you will be encouraged. Not only in what you are each a part of but also to look for ways in your own lives to share the True Joy that you have with others.
No comments:
Post a Comment