Contributors

Monday, March 26, 2012

Future Assignment

I am happily back on Chinese ground. It has taken a little bit of effort to get back into the swing of things. I suffered a clinging cold and soar throat for about two weeks. I had a weekend of food poisoning and now I think I am finally back to normal.

As I have been getting acclimated to China and reacquainted with school and future plans things have been topsy turvy. As I told many of you while I was home my initial plans when I came to China have changed.

Leprosy work in China is still needed but the great thing that is happening in Yunnan is that many national believers have taken it as part of their service to Father to shoulder some of this ministry. The clinic and workers have been raised to a level of independence. My foreign assistance is not needed there.

This is a cause for joy and excitement but it has caused a complication. I now have no specific goal or purpose. However, I know that my heavenly Father has a purpose for me. Ephesians 2: 10 says: "For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago." I just need to be shown what that plan is.

In the meantime I am exploring some opportunities that have presented themselves. I would like to share them with you. 1. There is a doctor that goes to a different area of Yunnan and brings patients back to Kunming. He has offered to let me go on rounds with him. At this point I do not have a clear understanding of what He does or how I could be helpful. 2. There is another doctor who runs a clinic in the north of Yunnan. He has offered to let me come and see the work that is done up there. 3. There is a ministry in Kunming that works with prostitutes and mafia members who needs someone to work on a AIDS and moral education program. 4. The reconstructive surgery clinic sometimes does village visits. 5. There is a HIV research team down south in Yunnan. 6. The team that I went on a water dig with in 2010 has a new medical team member and he does village assessments both pre and post well placement.

So these are the projects that you may be hearing about in the future. This past week I have been going to the workshop where the ex-prostitutes make the jewelry. I have learned how to make two different kinds of knots and have been learning how to use tiny pliers to attach metal to make chain links for a silver and turquoise necklace.

At this point I am really enjoying forming relationships with the girls and hearing their stories. I know that there is a soft spot in my heart for this ministry but am unsure if it is the future Father has planned for me. I have been asking Him to shut doors.

Please continue to lift up these situations and ask Father to enlighten me as to the path I should be on.