Contributors

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

May Newsletter

March brought me back to China. When I landed in China in 2009 the goal was clear. Learn Chinese and then work with the Leprosy people. The plan has changed. Due to some very good things the leprosy project no longer need foreigners to help with the project. PTL!! Although this is a very goo thing for China and the project and the people it provides a bit of a complication for me.

    Genesis 12:1 says that when God told Abram to leave his home-his comfort-and follow God that God Himself would show Abram where to go. I read this and I understand the simplicity in it. God says go, Abram goes, God says stop and live here, Abram stops and lives there. Verse 7 of this chapter says that when Abram had arrived in Canaan God told him that He Himself would give that very land to Abram’s descendants. Cannot get much clearer can you? This Canaan land was where Abram’s children were to eventually call home.

    Ever wish you heard God this clearly? I do. I am frustrated that God doesn’t communicate with me the way He did with Abram. The task ahead of me is to figure out my purpose here. This seems to be a funny joke. I have no idea what my purpose is except to follow God and be obedient and I am not hearing so well these days. No burning bush, no leader telling which way to go, no plan, no design, no strategic vision, no freaking idea. I just want someone to tell me what to do and I am feeling sorry for myself that no one will.

    I have 7 opportunities on my plate to filter through. All of them are good choices and all would use my nursing skills as well as other gifts I have been given. So, I am asking Father to close doors to places I should not work. To open my eyes and heart to the opportunities that are right for me and to boldly step into those places when it has been made clear.

    Then I read verse 9 and 10 of chapter 12. Abram after being told that his children would be given Canaan instead of staying there he continues traveling and eventually because of a famine he goes to Egypt. 

    This new direction Abram takes confuses me. The place I am at confuses me.  Abram went where God took him even when it was away from the promised land. God has told me that I am to be His servant and at this time he has said it is to be in China. I do not understand how I will be used but I know that God’s ways do not always work out to our logical way of thinking. As I continually petition for direction and guidance, please hold on with me as I fumble and search for the next step.

No comments: