As I write this I am re-listening to all the lovely Christmas greetings I received from loved ones. The snow is really piling up in your neck of the woods and most of you have had snow days from school or been snowed in somewhere. I cannot say that I am sad to be missing those events. But thinking about that much snow makes me really homesick. The sun has been shinning for most of this month and it wasn't until today that it has been real cold for a while. I know that I haven't had much to say lately but I wanted you all to know that I am a little under the weather with a cold and lack of voice but that my spirits are up. I am enjoying my crock pot. I have soup for every meal and just keep adding more water and more veggies. Yum!!
At school, I am speeding through these language lessons like there is no tomorrow and my only concern is if I am actually learning it or only surviving. I have gone through two lessons in two weeks which is too fast I fear. I am not sure how to slow it down though.
The two major concerns of my life right now include a little guy named Henry and the 175 bus. So my dear, sweet, beautiful nephew was born right before Christmas and almost daily I spend at least 20-40 min gazing at all the pictures I have available to me. Usually they are the same 100 shots but occasionally I am gifted with a new picture or two. I spend a good portion of my day thinking about him and his parents to Father. All three are so precious to me.
The second major concern in my life being bus 175 is this: my favorite bus was also the most convenient (fangbian). It traveled to all the most important places and made the least stops. For some unreasonable reason it no longer is running. There is a sign on the bus stop sign that says something about the 175 bus--but since I do not yet read well it is useless to me. Let me tell you how (mafan) troublesome this is. I waited last sunday for a good 45min before wondering where it could possibly be and then looked at the bus stop sign and saw that they had removed 175 from the list of buses that stopped there. CRAZY!!! And just like that my life is in turmoil.
Anyway I just needed to gush about Henry, my love,and rant a bit about 175. Thanks for listening/reading. Take care and Oh!!! Happy New Year!!!!!!
4 comments:
Hello Denise!
Your nephew is beautiful. I'd love to see Ben with him.
I'll be praying for your bus situation. Much love to you, Jan
Denise, so sorry about the frustration of the (lack) for bus 175! I remember how difficult it was for me to take the bus while in Germany. I could NOT figure out the schedule at all! But I had the street car only 1 block away if I wanted to go where it went. More dependable!
I'll be thinking of you and your bus/transportation. May Father help work that all out for you.
Hi Denise,
We would love to send you some snow to help you feel at home but it might melt a little on the way. It is acutally 38 degrees today and even melting here!! I am sure you are just doing fabulous with the language study so it just seems to be going fast. Practice, practice. Always good to hear your updates. We think of you often.
i love "hearing" you denise. i miss you. it's good to hear that you are doing well. keep up on that soup so you get back to 100%. isn't that just like life, you just get used to bus 175 and it changes without warning!!! love you girl - hope you find the next bus soon!!!!!
(i ate more spaghetti for you today :)....
Post a Comment