The beginning of May I turned 30! It was a fairly fabulous birthday.
I traveled with my friend Faye, to a small old town called Dali.

I traveled with my friend Faye, to a small old town called Dali.
There we spent three nights and two days in one of the most peaceful little towns I have been to yet.
A Group of Men Playing Mahjong.
Saturday we woke leisurely and meandered through the center of town amidst thousands of Bai Festival participants.
This man was making cotten candy using his bicicyle!!! How cool is that??
These green chicks were accompanied by orange and blue siblings!! What are they feeding the chickens in China??
Maybe these green noodles??
Maybe these green noodles??
On our way through the middle of Dali we came across two men butchering an animal, I am convinced that it was a horse.
Thought we were lost for a short while as we followed the map to the mountain lift.
We finally found the National Geopark of China!!! Check out that Dinosaur picture!!!
Riding a ski lift up the mountain. This ski lift ride was easily a 45min ride up the mountain through a Chinese grave yard.
It would have been an amazing haunted chair lift ride if we had been riding it at night.
We ate a lunch of noodles and toured a Buddhist temple, then we rode back down the mountain.
We ate a lunch of noodles and toured a Buddhist temple, then we rode back down the mountain.
I was surprised that the crowds had not disperssed.
We had high tea at an adorable little sandwich shop.
Faye and I then went to see the Catholic church that was established in Dali in 1927.
On Sunday, we lounged until almost 1 and then ventured into the town to window shop and eat yak steak.
It was delicious. We had diet coke and fresh squeezed orange juice and the most delicious brownies we had had in a long time.
Faye and I returned to our adorable hotel (The Sleepy Fish) where I proceeded to open all of the Birthday wishes that were brought to me by a friend in the beginning of April.
As you can see I was gifted a puffer fish toy which I named Ronnie, I was also gifted an octopus stuffed animal which I named Gerald. They are fond reminders of my family.
Thank you so very very much to all my family and friends who sent birthday greetings to my company. I got them even a little early!!
They provided much happiness. As I hope you can tell.
9 comments:
What a wonderful trip. It looks very peaceful, as you say...and tranquil and relaxing and still lots of fun, and so many interesting things to see! I hope we can chat soon. :)
Happy belated Birthday, Denise! Loved your photos.
jannyb is Mrs. B
Hey, Denise! What wonderful pictures. So good to see this glimpse of your life there. We think of you often.
How fun to see how you spent your B-day weekend! I love all the pictures! Check out the young man sitting behind you in the last pic where you are "crazy-happy"!!!! Missing you big time dear one! Love mom
Mom, that is hilarious!! He kinda looks like he wants me to die!!! oops!! We were kinda loud at first. :)
that sounded like so much fun! thanks for sharing the pictures to go along with. it always helps me connect better. you are precious denise!!! it's good to see your smile. love u
What fun! Wish we could all be there with you! Thinking of you with such love!!
AW Denise!!! These pics made me want to be right there with you in China. Looks like you had a fun birthday :) I miss you!
Post a Comment