It is a Monday morning here in China and I normally would be at the jewelry workshop by now. But the workshop is closed due to Easter. So, I decided to give you a quick update on me. I and a friend, spent the last five days providing a youth program to 7 10-13 year olds. It was a lot of fun. I went swimming for the first time in like two years. We played Marco Polo, Sharks and Minnows, and Fresh. We also studied the last week of the life of Christ. We made palm branches and popsicle stick crosses, and discussed how we would spend the last week of our life.
I really enjoyed being with these kids and not just because of the fun games we played or the cool snacks we got to eat. Although for fruit by the foot I would do about anything. Mostly I enjoyed being with these young people because I could see Father working in them to change them. All of them are good kids. But you could almost see the growth of the Spirit drawing them to Him. The joy they had to play with each other and learn from one another was special.
School again tomorrow so I must prepare for class. In one of them I will be using GarageBand for the first time. My Medical Mandarin text book doesn't come with a cd of the vocabulary being spoken by someone who really knows how to say them. So my teacher and I are going to record the vocab and story for each lesson so that I can have correct sounds the compare mine to.
I am excited for this project. A little nervous-because I have never used GarageBand before but looking forward to trialing it all out. I will make sure to let you hear a track or two when we are done.
I really enjoyed being with these kids and not just because of the fun games we played or the cool snacks we got to eat. Although for fruit by the foot I would do about anything. Mostly I enjoyed being with these young people because I could see Father working in them to change them. All of them are good kids. But you could almost see the growth of the Spirit drawing them to Him. The joy they had to play with each other and learn from one another was special.
School again tomorrow so I must prepare for class. In one of them I will be using GarageBand for the first time. My Medical Mandarin text book doesn't come with a cd of the vocabulary being spoken by someone who really knows how to say them. So my teacher and I are going to record the vocab and story for each lesson so that I can have correct sounds the compare mine to.
I am excited for this project. A little nervous-because I have never used GarageBand before but looking forward to trialing it all out. I will make sure to let you hear a track or two when we are done.
No comments:
Post a Comment