This week I jumped back into the saddle of teaching. We went to the number 17 and number 9 middle schools in Kunming. The first school we taught at gave us 300 hundred students to teach. It was kinda crazy. The school didn't have an auditorium so we spoke to them in the cafeteria. It was hilarious. Because the cafeteria only had round tables the students were forced to look at each other while I taught. When you are teaching students about how priceless they are and are aksing them to tell one another that they are valuable or strong or have limitless potiential it is funny to watch them uncomfortably tell one another these things. I am so struck by how beautiful these students are. Everytime I stand before them I am so overwhelmed by their innocence. Even if they are not so innocent in some areas of life these kids are thirsty for love, truth, attention, boundaries, and knowledge. When I start to talk to them about sex their incredible uncomfort is priceless. But the great mystery of it all is that they desire to know what I have to say.
I think we have all been there before. We want to know something that we feel everyone else knows about. We feel that we are in the dark. But because we are in the dark we feel uncomfortable asking questions.
I hope that we ALL get the opportunity to give someone hope as well as give them much needed information so that they can make better choices in their life.
2 comments:
We love hearing what you're doing there- and how you're being used. Makes me smile. ALSO, love seeing photos of you holding things up over your head & the Denise smirk that accompanies it- so great!!! You are such a beautiful person & so loved!
So... What do Sun Yat-Sen and Mona Lisa have in common?
Post a Comment