Contributors

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

May Newsletter


Yearly May Wrap-up

May already? Wow. It is hard to believe that I am already 33 years old. This past year may have been my most busy year in China.  May 2012 I spent my birthday in Cambodia and shortly afterward traveled to Vietnam to be trained in the Shine program. After returning to China, we almost immediately began to implement the Shine program within the young women’s shelter. 

June
We held the Third Annual Wai Guo Ren State Fair during the first week of June. By the middle of June I had visitors. Two of my favorite people (my parents) traveled to visit me. I relished showing them my world. Letting them feel all the variety of feelings that I have felt while living here. The highs of learning survival Chinese and being with the girls in the shelter as well as the lows of cultural overload and claustrophobia.


July & Aug
 In July, I returned to Colorado-where my company’s headquarters is for my first term debrief. It was a good time to hash out some of the difficult things that have occurred those first two point five years. I also got trained to administer Lifeworkx and WAIT Training. I spent a week in El Paso with a supporter and visited some women of faith in Juarez. It was humbling and encouraging, to be prayed for and pray for such lovely ladies. The larger church community is such a blessing to me as well as an inspiration. This includes YOU!! Once I returned to China I began to sift through the WAIT Training material to put together the School Program. 

Sept
In September we implemented the Shine program in the single mother’s shelter. 

Oct
In October I had friends visit from other cities in China and it was a good time to talk about what Father is doing in other areas. It was very encouraging. The Youth Group held a Masquerade Dinner Fundraiser that I helped supervise the students make the dinner aspect of it. We began to plan Permeate and I spoke at Youth Group about counting the Cost to following JC. 

Nov
In November, I finally got the WAIT Training and Shine Curriculum ready as one program that we are calling the Shine School Program. We submitted the Shine School Program to Mr. Li our government contact. 

Dec
We launched the Shine School program on December 7, 2012.  Eden was told that we needed to partner with an organization called The Bridge in order to continue taking the Shine School program into schools. The Bridge is licensed in China to train, teach and counsel people on different subjects. Eden is only licensed as a jewelry shop. So we began that process. Then we were asked to take the program into a set of three villages on December 12-14.  

Jan
Between Christmas and the end of Chinese New Year, I had a nice time of intense Permeate planning, being an employee of The Bridge, and being with Teammates at a Team Retreat. 

Feb
February 28th came and Permeate became a Reality. 


March
As I entered March I continued to march onward with the Shine school program.  This time inviting several of Eden’s Chinese staff to join us so that they could learn how to implement the School program into the prison system. 

April
April brought on another travel opportunity to Laos with the Youth Group Staff.  


Throughout all of this I have been in class learning Chinese. So all in all I have been immensely blessed but also immensely busy. The Permeate theme verse was Hebrews 12:1-3 and the theme was Never Give Up. With all the busyness--I am tired. But I am also clinging to all the promises I have been given and I trust that as I lean on His strength I will be made strong. Galatians 6:9 “So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up.” I have been learning a lot about relying on His Spirit and although I am not always successful I am trying to live out what I am learning. I praise my Heavenly Father for you and your petitions for me for I know it is through you that I am able to do any of this at all!!

No comments: