Warning: This one is very long.
I don't know how to describe the feeling that has been growing in my soul.
I returned from the USA in June. Since that day of return until now I have been in a whirlwind of preparation. Some of the preparation has been easy and some of it has been very stretching. This has all been taking place inside me as well as in my work place, coffee shops, and living room. I have been preparing for change. It is coming--I can feel it growing nearer.
I know that sounds silly. But I don't just feel this change I was told by my boss that there would be change. My friends told me that there would be change.
I don't usually like change. Do you?
But this time I sense that Father has a work to do through and in me that if you or I were told of this work we would not believe it. (Habakkuk 1:5) This is really exciting but also TERRIFYING, therefore, I am frantically trying to be prepared.
These changes include for currently are not limited to:
*My good friends: Faye, Amber, Sarah, Mindy, Bo, Song, Jess and Danielle have or will be leaving our area for a significant amount of time. Some of them have no plans to return. This is very hard. The constant flow of people in and out of my city can be very draining.
*I have a temporary roommate named Katelyn. She is a blessing to have in my house because she exudes the joy of the Father so freely. However, it is also hard to adjust to a new person in my space.
*Eden's boss, is moving to another country to plant a branch there. This has many reprocussions. One is that many of her responsibilities are delegated to other people. Another is that she will not be readily available for questions at the drop of my hat. This is an exciting move for her and her family. But it is also filled with many questions. Her biggest is: How will she manage or handle helping 9-13 year olds, who have been trafficked into this country, heal from the horrors that have been done to them. As soon as she asked the question out loud she answered it by saying: only with the strong arm of the Father sustaining and lifting her. Her departure is a magnificent testimony to the women who work at Eden. They were impressed by her willingness to go into a dangerous place(their perception) because Father guided her there. This also gives the women who have been working at Eden for many years the opportunity to take a significant leadership part in the business. As one woman said, " It is time for us to grow up into our own."
*The Bridge/Eden team is preparing for a new school year. We have narrowed our target population to only village students-because we feel that the students struggling in village schools (with self, with family situations, with school work) are the most vulnerable to being trafficked. This new focus has changed some of our plans for the next school year.
*We are also adding an aspect to our Shine School Program (SSP). It now as two parts. The initial school presentation (intended to reach hundreds of students at one time) and then a (FEC)follow-up English corner (which is intended to work more intimately with more at risk students over a long period of time). We added this second part because we are hoping to increase their perception of their self worth, improve their decision making skills, and show them that they do have purpose.
*This FEC program's length causes us to reevaluate our priorities with the SSP. Do we wish to bring surface awareness to thousands or focus on significant change in hundreds. Of course we would like to do both. However, due to these aspects it has come to our attention that to reach the most numbers of students it would be prudent to increase the numbers of our team. We desire 2-3 men or women who are native English speakers, who have secure visa situations to catch the vision of the SSP and join us.
*Eden has rented an apartment in the Red Light District and we have been preparing and consecrating it to be a place of love and peace to those who live and work around it. (Psalm 96:6, Rev 15:8) We are planning or hoping that in the near future we will be able to run a full Shine program from this apartment-inviting the women who currently are brothel owners or workers to participate in discovering their Value, Strength, and Potential. This is very exciting.
*Speaking of the Red Light District, I have joined the team who go to that area once a week to build relationships. Last week, was my second week to go. We talk with prostitutes, eat dinner with brothel owners, pray with them all and listen to their life issues.
*Angela, Kalinda, and I are also getting ready to run the 1st Shine trainers session in our area. Starting in Sept we will run a 4 day intensive for several women who live here as well as several who will travel here from other areas.
Has anyone been counting the numbers of change going on? I feel slightly overwhelmed.
In the midst of all this external change I have been challenged by a close friend to seriously seek Father's best for me through routine prayer and fasting. Although, we have just begun this journey together I have already begun to see Father's love grow more deeply in me. I am seeking wisdom (James 1:5, Colossians 1:9-10, & Ephesians 1:17-18), asking that He would help me to be abundantly joyful (Romans 14:17-19;15:13, & John 10:10) and content (Philippians 4:11) in the place and circumstances He has placed me but that I would be willing to accept the new adventure that He brings into my life and to be obedient and willing to change when the time comes (Ephesians 3:20). I am also studying Daniel right now and am desiring to become more self controlled (2 Timothy 1:7 & 2 Peter 1:5-8).
As always I am humbled and blessed that you all care for me and you want to know what Father is doing in my life as well as how I am being used by Him to further His Kingdom. Philippians 4:14 says: "Yet it was kind of you to share my trouble." I feel this way towards you. Thank you for talking to Father on my behalf. All of these areas of change could use lifting up. If you happen to know of people who would fit into these areas of ministry I would love to talk with you more. Any answer to these needs is welcome. Ultimately we know this work is His work and He will work it out. We are only willing vessels. May we continue to be so.
Love you all, Denise

1 comment:
I shall be thinking every day about the many changes ahead. I feel confident that they will exalt our Daddy.
Post a Comment