This past (July) has been a very busy one. I want to tell you a story to rejoice over and then a situation to petition for.
My work with Eden is growing. In the past it was recommended that I NOT go on the outreach walks because too many foreigners draw too much attention to ourselves. For a time I also felt that this recommendation was right, for I had much on my plate and was not sure I wanted to see some of the things they see.
However, Since June I had been feeling like I needed to see what kind of a lifestyle these women and men have. So, I had been talking to Father about it. Asking Him to prepare me, asking Him that He would remind me of His care, love, and presence when the time came, that when that time came I would be obedient and follow His guidance.
Last week, I was asked if I wanted to walk the streets with the outreach team. We handed out fliers to the girls, each flier introduced the idea that their work is very hard work, hard on their bodies and hard on their hearts. It introduces Eden’s work and the fact that if they desire a job that is not so hard on their bodies or hearts, they could have a job at Eden. On the back, is one girl’s testimony as to why she choose to have a job at Eden.
We stopped at a make-up store and chatted with the owner of the store, Zen Xing. This woman’s job is to apply the make-up on the girls before they go to work. At some point in her relationship with Eden’s workers she chose to join Father’s Family. We spent time talking with her as well as petitioning for her husband to discover Father’s Love for him. She told us about the women she has been able to talk to regarding Father’s love and sacrifice for them. Praise Father for the great work He is doing in this woman. His love is being showered down onto women because of her faithfulness. Ask that her faith may be strengthened.
My work with the Shine School Program (SSP) is also growing. We are almost done developing the Follow-up English Corner (FEC) curriculum. However, I am realizing that I need one or two additional team mates to join me. I do not have the time or energy alone to work on the teaching for the SSP, along with the bigger Shine Program, and the teaching for the FEC. I need one person (preferably two) with a solid visa situation, English teaching experience, time to head up the FEC Program, and agrees with the values the vision of the SSP.
I know that Father has great things in the future of this program and I am excited to see what those things are. Ask Him to provide what is needed to change lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment