Contributors

Sunday, October 6, 2013

October's Official Newsletter



[An update regarding the last few weeks is soon to be posted-this post is not that update.]

Teaching English is very hard, which is why I had determined to never try to do so again. How our Father must laugh at our plans. He tells us in Proverbs 16 that many men plan out their life but that the Father works every step out. I have been encouraged by many people this month to not be afraid to begin to do something that I do not feel equipped to do. I have been extorted to remember the promises that He has made to you for He has not forgotten them. I was also told to not be afraid to ask for what I need. So, because of these words of inspiration I am pushing forward with our Shine School Follow Up English Corner program. 

In the midst of all this planning I have moments of minor freak outs. When I look at the task ahead and the skills needed to accomplish the task; I feel so small, inadequate, insufficient, and lost. I keep telling people that I need a partner, someone who is skilled in teaching English, someone who is organized and full of good ideas and plans to implement these activities.  Do you know someone like that? Are you someone like that? Wanna come and be a part of something great?  

I am only kidding a little bit, because I would love someone to help me in this journey. But I am also so very thankful for the people and resources He has already given me during this journey. I also realize that IF He doesn’t provide anyone to help me during this process of developing and implementing this program that I MUST lean on Him in every step. I believe that He has given this program to us and that He has great plans for it. So, because I know that I am weak and unable to accomplish it all on my own I will trust, lean, walk, and petition Him through every moment of planning, every web page I search for information and every time I step in front of the classroom.  In this way I will only have Him to glorify when the program is effective. 

I have a few needs.  One of them I think many of you would be able to meet: I am need of photographs of various beautiful things. Any kind of beauty will do. If you are willing to let us use them in our teaching or in our decorating for the Full Shine program please email me the photo files: denisej@worksmail.net.  My second need is that during my budgeting this past month I discovered that I am about 500 usd short every month. I know that many of you are unable to give financially but even 5 dollars a month would be helpful.


No comments: