Contributors

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Youth Group Talk

My life has been a huge whirlwind since being back here. 
I was able to have a junior high girl sleepover about a week after returning from the States. 
Talk about jumping right in!!

We have the Youth Group's annual fund raiser the last Saturday in November so we painted canvases for the event. I wasn't quite sure how it would all end up but it turns out that they were all hiding artists. I was really proud. 










In the process of being active at Youth Group again I volunteered to speak about how JC gives us a relationship with our Heavenly Father. Many of you know that our salvation isn't the only thing that dying on a cross accomplished for us. It is a reality that many of us take for granted. It was a good reminder for me. Preparing for it was exhilarating because I was reminded that in the beginning we were all created to be in relationship with Him. It is only due to our own sin and no longer being pure or holy that caused our own personal rift with the Father.  BUT because He loved us so much He sent His Son to repair that rift to pay the consequences of our sin so that we could be reconciled to Him. 

HIS LOVE.

It is a mighty thing. To be loved is precious. We asked the kids at Youth Group-Do you Love God? One of the junior high girls responded-"It would be weird to not love someone who loves you so much." I thought her comment was deeply profound. Do you know that He loves you? 

He does

I John 4:18 &19 says: "There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love. We love because He first loved us."


As I attempt to share the love that He has given me with those around me I ask that the One who loves you would turn your head toward Himself today. Spend some time with One who deeply longs for you to be with Him. 

No comments: