Contributors

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Myanmar 2014



So I have been to Myanmar and back.
We watched from the sky as we landed and were fairly certain that we would be like the city mouse goes to the country. There were no tall buildings. Nothing to indicate that we were in a metropolitan area.  But once we got on the ground and entered the city the massive traffic jams cured us of any country expectations. 



We desended from the plane to the amazing view of Air Force One. It was just a plane. But a huge white mechanical genius with the big blue letters spelling THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA followed by the Red White and Blue. It was breath taking. Being the only American on the plane from China to Yangon I felt almost like royalty. Perhaps we would see Him. Of course we did not. In fact His presence in the city caused traffic to be blocked off and detoured in such a way that I actually began to feel embarrassed that such a fuss was being caused by my head of state. 



Saturday, the first full day in Myanmar was spent shopping. We trucked ourselves down to the gem market and some gems were purchased. We got to meet the seller who sells Eden many of their jewels. It was really cool. Of course every sapphire or ruby or fire opal that I asked to see were in the thousands of dollars. I consoled myself by congratulating myself that I have good taste.  We got to meet a monkey at one of the churches in downtown Yangon. 

Sunday, we had fellowship in the afternoon. It was a new place that has been gradually growing and was held in a small apartment. It was a very charismatic group that met with several healings as well as many words of wisdom spoken for many there.  

Monday, we began to teach Shine at 10am. We had expected to have 6 participants. Three women wanting to be trained as facilitators and three as participants. In the way that only Father can do things we arrived Monday morning to find 10 participants. Which was the exact number of gifts I had packed for each session. Hooray for His Plan. Some of the teaching we had to change due to cultural differences and or educational levels. 

Tuesday, two of the women who attended on Monday were ill. So from Tuesday on we had 8 women that we taught. We had four days to go through all eight sessions and we succeeded. Each session has a special gift at the end. On day's gift is usually a letter that tells them what potential we have seen shining from them. Because many of the women could not read we tried to give them tangible gifts that would have some significance to the sessions. So instead of writing them each a letter this time we painted them a picture with one word on it.  



Please lift these women up as they go forward in sharing what they learned from Shine with other women. 
P.M.-her favorite session was: My Potential is Limitless.
W.M.-her favorite session was: My Decisions determine my Destiny
D.D.-her favorite session was:My Life has a Purpose
L.S.-her favorite session was: My Life has a Purpose
T.T.-she didn't have a favorite session.
M.A.- her favorite session was: You are One of a Kind
S.T.-her favorite session was: My Decisions determine my Destiny
J.J.-her favorite session was:You are Valuable

There were 10 people groups represented at our Shine Graduation, including Kalinda, our Chinese helpers, and myself. 



Thank you for your petitions for me while I was there, I know that your faithfulness helped me greatly. I was seriously exhausted once returning home due to the intense ministry that was undertaken. I would be glad to share more details one on one in person via Skype or Face Time or via email. Your support and love is felt. Thank you!
































1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Thanks for sharing! Praise Father, He is at work all the time! So grateful He shows us a peek into it! Thankful for your protection/safety! I loved the pictures! Love Mom