Contributors

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Official December 2015 Newsletter

Alleluia, we can sing it. Alleluia, heaven’s ringing. Alleluia!  Endless hope and relentless joy started with a Baby Boy.”
 Baby Boy by For King and Country

Merry Christmas! 

This is my first official newsletter after getting back into the swing of things here. (written Oct 27th) I had a wonderful time in the States. Getting reconnected with many of you was such a blessing to me. One of my favorite things I got to do with my dad on this trip was that I got to canoe down part of the James River. 

It just a good time in Father’s world, seeing His beauty, working hard, and being with my dad. We were doubly or triply blessed because we were visited by an Asian Big Head Carp. It just jumped out of the river into our canoe.  It was startling and exciting. 




This made me think about how much of that canoe trip is how I want my life to look like. I want to be sitting in the front of my boat (life) looking and acting like I am directing it’s way. While someone else (dad/Father) does the real paddling and actual steering. I want to appreciate all the lands and animals go by and just enjoy my ride. Then I want to suddenly have fruit, a giant fish in my lap. 

But usually, most of us, don’t find that this is how life works. Usually I am sitting in the front of my boat (life) feeling and sometimes acting like I don’t know which way is the way to go. Likely as not paddling against what the man behind me (Father) is trying to do. Causing waves and not getting very far. Sometimes, I see the world around me as Father’s handy work but more often I have critical eyes that find the things that need to be changed. And in reality-if I want to see a fish in my lap (fruit) I have to be patient with the right tools and with the right attitude. Sometimes it takes years. It can be exhausting all that waiting. 

This endless hope and relentless joy that is sung about in the song above is a great mystery that comes to followers of Father’s Son. It is a hope and joy that permeates our souls even when we are tired, worn down, troubled, angry, or saddened. It overrides our basic emotions and settles deep inside. If you don’t know the Son this all sounds rather strange-but I bet you have longed for that kind of hope, peace, and joy. 

This life of mine is good. I am blessed beyond what I deserve. But it can exhaust me. Before I came back to the States I was tired but I was not joyless. The beauty, familiarity, and love I experienced during my time in the States refreshed me and between the gifts I received from our good Father and the encouragement I received from many of you I regained energy for this upcoming year of service.

We are currently waiting on our government partner to guide us to our next school but I do get to meet with some partners of Eden this upcoming week. It is shaping up to be a good and busy year.  




I hope that your year is filled with things that bless you. Mostly, though, I hope that you can find the endless hope and relentless joy that comes from knowing and loving and serving Christ Jesus. 


No comments: