Contributors

Monday, March 7, 2016

March 2016 Official Newsletter!

Recently, I had the opportunity to open my home up to one of my friends. She called me frantically one morning and asked if her and her baby could come and stay at my home for a couple days. I automatically told her that she could, but after hanging up the phone I began to wonder if that was the right choice. My friend is a sister who has been struggling ever since her baby was born with loving her husband. 

We have had so many discussion the two of us regarding what does it look like to be a godly wife and how can she show her husband what she needs from him in ways that will be respectful and not challenge him. These biblical guidelines are vastly counter cultural. Her husband is a brother who from my perspective is just trying his best to provide for his family. This effort on his part takes time and energy away from his new family and it is precisely those two things that my friend resents. She feels unloved and uncared for by him. 

In my cultural experience, I would tell her to just talk to him about how she feels and if that isn’t enough maybe find a counselor. In this place and in this culture, those things are not very common. My friend told me that she texted her husband telling him that she doesn’t feel loved and did he know that she felt that their relationship was on its last leg. His response to her was to say that he thought everything was fine and of course he loved her. They didn’t talk about it again. This kind of communication lapse breaks my heart. 

So when she came to my house for an afternoon of escape I was glad that she didn’t take me up on my offer to stay with me. I had begun to worry that perhaps she was just running away from dealing with the miscommunication that was rooted in her home. My friend wants her family to be healed but she is very tired of trying so hard to fix it. 


This friend of mine is one I work closely with. Her interfamily conflicts affect my work in the schools. Please join me in asking our Heavenly Father to do a special work in her family. That the barriers of miscommunication would crumble, that pride would be laid down, that between the two of them they will find a way to put each other first. That both of them would seek Father’s will instead of their own. Please lift me up as well. I want to be a sister who encourages and uses godly wisdom instead of one who gets in the middle of problems she has no business in. 



This is the Eden Thanksgiving Party group photo. Can you find my little head? My friend and her baby are also in this picture. Please lift all these women up as they struggle to live more like The Son!

Thank you, Denise

No comments: