Contributors

Sunday, August 21, 2016

July and Aug 2016 Official Newsletter

Dear Faithful Supporters,

I want to first say that if you are expecting to see me this summer, I am sorry to disappoint you. I had a change my plans. I will be back in the States sometime within the next 7-8 months but that information is yet to be determined and will be communicated to you as soon as possible. 


I wanted to share with you some quotes from students of the home school co-op that I teach Biology at. I feel like I haven’t shared very much about this program. This is a program where most of the students live in remote areas of the country and come once a month for a week to take classes. So for one week each month they have class from 8-5:30. Then they return home for the rest of the month and work on their homework and do assignments that they then either bring back to class or submit via the internet.  This past year I had 7 Biology students. They were from six different cities and four different nationalities. All of these students’ families work in various areas of bringing the Kingdom to those areas of the world. If is very exciting to know that I am helping that work by teaching their kids. I hope that it will be exciting to see how your support of me is also supporting those ministries. 




The students were asked to share what this school program means to them. Here are a few of their statements. 

“I feel very thankful and blessed to be a part of MSG. I am very shy but by being at MSG, I learned how to open up and talk and participate with other people. I learned how communication is important when you want to build a healthy relationship with people around you.”

“MSG has positively influenced me in more ways than I can fit on a dozen of these pages, but mostly it has provided a better social environment, made me smarter (a lot), and helped me mature.”

“MSG’s most valuable contribution to my life has been what it has taught me about myself. One thing that I’ve learned from going to MSG is that you don’t have to be very similar to someone in order to be friends with them; you just have to be mutually willing to be friends. Every year, MSG brings together people from all different places with different interests and personalities, yet we all get along and are kind to each other.”

I have been very blessed to be able to be apart of these students’ lives and impact them both academically as well as character developmentally. Praise Him above for the parts that we get to play in his greater plan. Thank you for your part. 










No comments: