Happy Thanksgiving! I have much to give thanks for this year.
I am thankful for the company that I have been working with here in KM for the last 7 years. I have been supported by everyone in Colorado as well as anyone on any OC based team.
As Luke and I continue to make plans for a wedding in January, We had to make some choices about which company to join. Last month’s newsletter, I told you a little bit about Luke’s team.
Now I would like to tell you about Luke’s company, because we have made the hard choice for me to leave my company and join his. Which, if you desire to continue supporting the work that Father is having me do, will affect you.
Luke's Company is based out of Charlotte, North Carolina and has a long history of working cross culturally.
Sudan Interior Missi0n (S1M)began in 1893. Canadians Walter Gowans, Roland Bingham, and American Thomas Kent had a vision to reach the 60 million unreached people of sub-Saharan Africa. Unable to interest established missi0ns—most of which said reaching the Sudan was impossible—the three set out alone.
Malaria overtook all three. Gowans and Kent, respectively died in 1894, and Bingham returned to Canada. Unable to return to Africa, Bingham sent out a third team. They successfully established a base 225 miles (364 km) inland at Patigi in 1902. From there, the work of S1M began in Africa.
Today, it is an organization that has joined many different agencies together. In the 1980s, Andes Evangelical Missi0n (AEM), Ceylon and India General Mission (CIGM) and Poona and Indian Village Missi0n (P1VM) merged to become International Christian Fellowship (1CF), and Sudan Interior Missi0n (S1M) joined forces to become Society for International Ministries: S1M. Africa Evangelical Fellowship (AEF) joined with S1M in 1998. In 2000, S1M adopted the trade name (or slogan) "Serving 1n Missi0n," for English-speaking countries, but our their name around the world today is simply S1M.
Although there are a lot of sad things about leaving My Company, OC1, one of the great things about joining S1M is they have experienced workers who have worked and served in EBOLA rich areas. For some of you, you are unaware that I have had a preoccupation with Ebola since early high school. These are people who love J*sus, love medicine, and want to help people live long enough to know J*sus themselves. I CANNOT WAIT to get to know these people and to listen to their stories as well as perhaps get to help out at some point in the future.
However, never fear, I will not be traipsing off to the African continent anytime soon. Instead, I will be working in all the areas that I currently work in today, while providing member care to the members of Luke’s team. If you want to do some research into SIM on your own please see their website. You can type in wwwdotsimdotcom.
I am currently going through the application and interview process with S1M and the plan for Luke and I is that we will need to be back in Charlotte to go through the acceptance and training processes. Then we will want to introduce one another to our support networks. You are a part of my support network. We are hoping that we will be able to see as many of you as possible the summer of 2017.
If you have questions regarding our decision or how this will impact you please email me at denisejasmer@outlook.com.
No comments:
Post a Comment