February 22, 2009.
Grace Lutheran church opened it's doors to me to speak to the Sunday school children as well as to speak in church. I was introduced to four intelligent, inquisitive, and endearing young people. One of whom was my "ten year old twin." Children are precious. They had great questions and insight into how big God's love is for us and for those far far away. The entire congregation was encouraging and supportive when I shared during the worship hour. Many people gave hugs and wanted to know more than the snap shot I gave in the service. I felt so very humbled that this small community would open it's arms and welcome me into it and celebrate with me the place God was taking me to. Bill Stern's, my friend and co-worker, invited me on behalf of his faith family and the people there were so much like Bill that I knew instantly that they could and would be my family too. I then got to got to lunch with Bill and Miriam, which was such a joy to meet and get to know both of them better.
Sorry that it took me so very long to get this event posted. :) love you bill.
No comments:
Post a Comment