March 4th through the 9th 2009.
I was invited to go to a quaint Colorado town in the mountains by my roommate and dear friend Amanda. Every year there is a festival held there to celebrate one of our freedoms-the freedom to die and be frozen. This festival is called Frozen Dead Guy Days. Amanda, her brother David, my brother Ben, my friend Annie, and three other friends of ours travelled there. It was 70 degrees in Nebraska and it snowed there. We stayed two nights and it was a wonderful break especially since I got to play dress up, watch a race, play cards, and dee jay the car rides. Seeing Annie was refreshing for me, I met her in Colorado during a program called LifeWorkx, her situation and goals are very similar to mine and she is working at raising support also. So, we were able to encourage and uplift one another during this process. I enjoy a good road trip and when one has good company it makes the trip even better.
No comments:
Post a Comment