Contributors

Monday, December 21, 2009



These lovely ladies are my dear, sweet, and patient language teachers. The one playing the guitar is Xu Lao Shi and the one who is only singing is Jiang Lao Shi. Lao shi is the polite title for teacher. Xu and Jiang are their last names. They have given me a Chinese name because they determined that the one given to me before was not suitable. Zhong Jia Ni. This is a good name they inform me. (shrug) It means "nice girl." They have a suitable nickname for me which I do not recall the Chinese but the translation is "Hands and Feet Not Clever." I really love them both.

2 comments:

PegS said...

Hands and Feet Not Clever, reminds me of Indian names and explains sooo much!! Relax and enjoy, if possible. Thinking often of you.

Marcie said...

I am rolling on the floor laughing at this one Denise! I love the names!!!