Contributors

Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas Fair!!!


December 7, 2009

So the expats here have put together a fair of sorts to celebrate this season!!! There is a small Scandinavian population here and will be having a Santa Lucia party. I am not quite sure if I will be attending but it is so good to know that I have options. I have put up a small Christmas tree (from Walmart)and the small shinning lights on it make me happy. Today, I spent 45min sitting in my apartment's courtyard just "talking" to those going to and fro. There were lots of laughs and hopefully lots of good connections. I am going to be an aunt any day here. Which I am so so so excited about. Please keep Molly and Ben in your thoughts. Anyway, things are good here and continue to feel more like home. Love you all!!!

11 comments:

jan bretz said...

Merry Christmas, Denise! Thinking of you and praying for you! I didn't know Ben was about to become a father. Much love in Him, Jan Bretz

PegS said...

Denise, I also send you Christmas thoughts and wishes!! We in Nebr. have the Christmas mood--SNOW! A few inches Sunday night and supposedly more Monday night. So glad I don't HAVE to go out in it unless I want to. Tonight is a Young Women's class where we OLD ladies teach on being a wife, mother, woman and EAT!! I hope the snow doesn't keep ladies away.
In much thought, Peggy

Rhonda said...

I love your picture, you do look so happy! I think since you are so Norwegian, you should attend Santa Lucia!!! that would make grama happy! so glad you could "communicate" with those coming and going, wish I could have heard the interchanges! blessings in your efforts dear one! all my love, mom

Unknown said...

Wait Ben is having a Baby? What?

Unknown said...

PS I love the picture of you. You look happy, and I do hope that it is a genuine contentedness in your heart, spirit and mind. I love you, dear sweet friend. In tameness. . .

lavonne said...

Howdy Denise... I'm trying something new - I'm posting a comment and seeing if this really works like it's suppose to! YAY!! It's so good to see your picture on your blog.
I too am excited about Ben & Molly's baby Henry... They have been in my thoughts so much! We love you and send you lots of HUGS!!! lavonne

Kristin said...

I love and miss you so much. I'm praying for you! Keep posting. I want to know what's going on in your life. Congratulations soon-to-be Aunt!

lavonne said...

woulHowdy "Niser" - I would love to be a mouse in your corner, but I'm sure I would get boarded out of the house sooner or later (or get eaten by the rats-EEEK). I'll just be happy to get a blog note now and then! YAY!!! loveya

Nikki Moore said...

love your picture! you look full of joy and Christmas! :) I'm glad you have a tree. Is christmas a pretty big thing there? haha, i feel so ignorant, i have no idea.

Amanda Sue said...

Very cute picture! I hope school is going well and that you aren't getting too homesick. Much love

lavonne said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS, DENISE!! We miss you so much and are so excited to read about your Christmas happenings! YAY!! We share with FATHER the concerns for your emotional health... we love you so much, as does HE!

CONGRATULATIONS AUNT DENISE - I don't know if you can receive pictures through emails, but little Henry August is precious and adorable!! I see some Jasmer in his sweet face!! YAY, YAY!!! I would love to "smooch" his little cheeks. It sounds like Molly is doing great - she will be such a wonderful Mother.

We get-together with the Scheibe clan on Sunday - around 2PM. We will take some pictures and send you some. love, lavonne and all