
“And I pray on Christmas, He’ll get me through another day.” Harry Connick Jr
The climate in Kunming is considered Mild and compared to you all in Chicago, South Dakota, Minnesota, Wyoming, Colorado, Missouri, and Nebraska it is. However, having no in-door heating does take a toll on a girl and so I have finally turned on my heated floor. It is a genius piece of technology. A very thin patch of plastic encases a heating element and it lies directly on my marble flooring and when I plug it in and turn it on it can heat my floor up to 45 degrees Celsius. I am also debating on whether I will take a heated pillow to school to sit on or not. It is so much fun to bundle up in winter coats, sweaters, socks, boots, and such. Once the weather began to cool down I began to have the Christmas jitters. Anxious to listen to Jingle Bells, drink hot chocolate, bake cookies, and celebrate the life that gives True Life.
I have been feeling recently that my contributions to the world are vastly inferior to what they should be. In fact, going about my daily life of school, language helper, homework, the occasional social lunch or dinner I have felt that I have or am letting you and my Father down. I am not an asset. I suck air. I give nothing back into the larger whole. Life constantly gives me struggles and I am only just getting by. I have seen the Goodness of His hand in the lives around me and even in my own life and feel unworthy of it all.
Sharing those feelings to my small group of close friends here I was reminded of a few very important points. 1. My feelings are not always a reflection of what is real. 2. I am not just getting by, I am being prepared to be more successful in the future. 3. Father cares and thinks the day to day activities in our life are important. 4. When I continue to be obedient to what He has asked of me I cannot be a failure.
This time of year is one in which we all look back over the year and give Thanks for all the wonders that have been done for us, ask for Forgiveness for the failures that we have been a part of, and Request that our future may be in step with His will for us. Maybe you have been feeling like I have; that you are not fulfilling the expectations you had had and you never will, or perhaps you are also overwhelmed by the goodness He has showered on you but cannot accept that He wants those good things for you. Have you too forgotten Whose you are?
Those are Lies.
So this Christmas, please walk with me back to the Stable where an infant lies in a feeding trough and lets gaze at Him there. He is lying there because He desires us All to be free from all those lies and to be filled with a Joy that announces that we are free from sin and in every moment of every day we will cling to the Truth that He Lives so that we may also Live.
Joy Joy Joy is what I wish for you this lovely Christmas Season. Thank you for all your faithfulness in regards to me, whether in material or emotional support. You are truly a blessing to me.
2 comments:
Denise,
Thanks so much for honestly sharing your heart. Sorry you don't hear much from us, but please know that your life is an encouragement to us just the way you're living it. As you remind us of the Infant in the stable, it makes me wonder if the King of the universe born in such humility had the same feelings as you...
We love you, sister,
Jodi for the gang
I agree so often with your thougths. I needed to hear the truth today! Thank you for sharing and for giving in so many ways. Together we know His joy in doing so! Holding you up, and living in Him! Love you! Mom
Post a Comment