Contributors

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Amazing Race!!

Hi all again, I wanted to give you all the opportunity to see my home town on t.v. The television show The Amazing Race aired an episode last week that took place where I live. In fact some of the places that the contestants went were less than 10mins walking distance from my house. Soooo Exciting!!!! I think that the people I watched it with got really tired of hearing "oh! that is by my house!!" Anyway, I know that some of you may have seen it already but a lot of you have not. So I am going to post a site where you can download the episode. Click Here. I have it uploaded in AVI format, so it you do not have a media player that can play avi's you can download one here: AVI player download. I hope that it doesn't take super forever to download. But it probably will. I miss you and hope that you enjoy this little tidbit into my life.

The 5 things we found funny while watching the episode:

1. The Americans speaking English to their taxi drivers to wait for them.

2. The Cheerleaders and the Goth couple carrying a solar water heater up 7 flights of stairs in the dark.

3. The one team that said they didn't think their taxi driver knew how to get to the Stone Forest because they had been driving for a half hour. (The Stone Forest is 2.5 hours away from the city)

4. The giant Harlem Globetrotters in the Tibetan Outfits.

5. When the older lady says she is putting together the dinosaur for her grandson and then starts
to cry.

Five things we said over and over again while watching it:

1. I know where that is.

2. If only we had known they were filming we could have helped them.

3. That one is my favorite dancer.

4. Wait, what just happened?

5. That's soooo funny.


2 things you should now about this episode:

1. The Tibetan Restaurant and the place where the Double U Turn occurs are both just around the corner from my house. Opposite corners!!

2. My good friend Whitney who does not appear anywhere on the show helped one of the teams get a taxi when they first got to Kunming.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the shout-out!! : ) Love you! and Loved your post!