I am back at attempting to organize my addresses after a year and a half of neglect. Mostly this has become a bit of a focus because I am getting ready to come back to the States in December. I will be home for about three months and intend to visit many of you who have been so faithful to Think of me and to write to me and provide for me. However, I have found that the addresses I have for many many people in my database are not current. It is a huge headache. Also in this day and age I also know that via snail mail is not the only way to keep in touch with people. However, I am a little lost to know the best way to communicate with all those who want to be in communication with me and how not to annoy those who don't want to be in communication with me. There seems to be a break down in all our well intentioned systems. If you used to receive my newsletters by mail and all of a sudden stop getting them and still want to get them in the mail please contact either my self or the company.
So in light of this I sent my first snail mail letter from China and I am excited to see how long it will take to reach it's destination. I am going to try and be more diligent with communication these next few months. Therefore, if you would like a letter from China please just let me know and I will try really hard to get one out to you.
So the big news here in Kunming is that I will be sent to Colorado in May for a conference. Some of you know the Water Project I went on last Oct, while on that adventure I discovered that I have a brain that leans toward the never ending questions. It is one of the many reasons I have a hard time learning this language because I always want to know Why something is said or done the way they are and language and culture usually has lost the answers to those why questions.
But in light of my future in China and wanting to be able to help the Chinese people in a way that they view as being helpful, Research is very important and apparently I have a brain for it. China being a very dynamic and diverse country there are lots of people who live in remote areas where much research about what kinds of health problems or issues they suffer from are unknown. These kinds of questions as well as more sensitive questions can help the people as they attempt to become more relevant to the rest of the world as well as helping the already established workers accomplish their goals.
So, I am returning to Colorado in May for ten days to learn how to be a Researcher. I am very excited about it and look forward to seeing how the information that I learn can be used here. This is an unscheduled return to the States and an un-budgeted expense. So, if you could please Ask for my finances to be secure so that this can occur I would be very grateful.
I will stay in Colorado during this time and spend five of those days in meetings. I also intend to sit down with the benefits department and learn more in-depth about 401ks and 401bs and other things like that. I will be able to pick up my mail while I am there in Colorado so if anyone wants to mail me any notes I will be able to receive them at that time. At this time I do not think any visitors should come to see me in Colorado because of the short and intense nature of my time there.
For a future reference, for those who need to plan in advance, I will be returning to the States again in December. I will be available to speak at events, have lunch or dinner, as well as just sit and talk with individuals and groups who would like to learn more about my last year and a half (two years by that time). I do not know what my schedule will look like but I wanted to tell people a head of time.
Feel free to email me with your desires for my presence but at this time I cannot guarantee anything.
(Pictures posted on this blog post were not taken by me. I have permission to post them. I was given a photo file to use as I needed.)
Feel free to email me with your desires for my presence but at this time I cannot guarantee anything.
(Pictures posted on this blog post were not taken by me. I have permission to post them. I was given a photo file to use as I needed.)
1 comment:
Woohoo! How exciting for you! Will be talking to Father about the funds needed and your plans and packing and rejoicing!!! The next few weeks will FLY by.
Post a Comment