Today, the 22 of Feb, I traveled with some of my teammates to the Leprosy Clinic. It was the first time I have been back out there since my vision trip in 2007. It was really great. I was asked not to take any pictures but the time was really precious. We were able to sit and spend some time with the patients who were there for dressing changes. Then we traipsed up to the farm (future training farm for leprosy affected men) to measure for additional buildings and check on the walnut trees. After that we went to one of the doctor's home for tea and to hear the Miao choir. The Miao choir is a famous choir in China comprised of the singers of the Miao people group. 70% of the Miao people are believers in Father's only Son. The choir does a beautiful rendition of Handel's Messiah. The trip was really encouraging to me. I listened to people speaking Chinese all day and on my own understood some of it and was reminded that there is so much more to learn. So my brain got exercise and I was spurred on to study more diligently.
2 comments:
So thankful that you were able to return to the clinic! Reminding Father that that is where He sent you!!!
Am so thankful that you were encouraged in the language use and study also! Father is so amazing-He reaches down right where we are to lift us up to Him as we step out and serve others! Thanks for sharing and encouraging us too! So grateful for the people there working with you and that you can serve! loving you deeply! Mom
Post a Comment