Every Tuesday since June 5th for 8 weeks we have been running the Shine program with the girls at the shelter. It is going really well. Last week was one of the first weeks where deep feelings began to come to the surface. This coming Tuesday I do the teaching. I am excited but a little nervous. I will be teaching on the principle: We have the POWER of choice.
This is not a very complex theory, but for many of these girls the idea that they can make choices may perhaps be a new concept. I hope that you will be Thinking of these girls as they embark on a life changing journey.
This summer I am attending several training seminars and one of them is called WAIT training. I will be learning how to train or teach moral sex education. The team implementing Shine is excited to take Shine and Wait training into the villages. More specifically one village.
Turns out that most of the pimps here know that this one village is notorious for "gullible and desperate to get out of the poor village" girls. We intend to take our trafficking prevention program which includes Shine and Wait training straight into the heart of that village and hopefully change the young girls' lives.
Please be asking for the covering of the Spirit over this project and the women who are involved both in teaching and in learning. I know that this work is important. Both to these girls in this life and hopefully into the next.
3 comments:
Denise, I'm so excited for you!! And thanking Father for giving this new work so quickly to you.
WOW, what an awesome opportunity! Blessing! I will keep it in prayer. Thanks for your work :)
I am so blessed to "see" these young women again -here in your photos -after meeting with them while there! Please give them my love and let them know I am Thinking of them, asking they will flourish in His love for them! You too dear one, as you work dilligently for Him doing this important work! xoxoxo Mom
Post a Comment