Hi everyone.
I have been pretty busy here getting back into life after having my parents visit and attending a debriefing seminar regarding my first term here.
It was a full three weeks of wonderful encouragement, heart breaking stories, and the reminder that we are not alone in our walks and that pressing on under pressure is the next step.
So, this Wednesday I met with my fellow workers to discuss next steps in regards to the Shine program. We have some tentative plans to have two more Shine programs before Christmas. At the same time I am going to be in the process of working through the WAIT Training material and figuring out what will work and what wont.
Currently, I do not have a time line for having WAIT Training ready to take into the schools. But I know that I will have a time line soon. I will post a new blog shortly regarding the video Eden is making to add to the WAIT Training piece. They are making a short video that I will share once I start the education program in Chinese classrooms.
During this limbo phase I have been reading and listening to some different articles about how difficult it is for non-Chinese people to work and live in China. I wanted to share them with you.
The first article is titled: You'll Never Be Chinese, and is a beautifully articulated piece and really resonates in my heart. The second is a NPR pod cast on Americans in China. It also talks of many things that hit home. I have never been asked to be on TV yet though. :)
I am plodding along here day by day. With one fourth of my mind thinking in Chinese. I was woken by a text message from my teacher and felt really proud that before I was completely awake I had already composed a reply. Baby Steps.
I am excited for my endeavor with and for Eden.
Despite being Not Chinese I have high expectations of Educating young women with the Hope to impact them in such a way that they may have a Hope for their future.
Just look at these beautiful girls whom Father has gifted China with, time for them to recognize their worth, strength, and purpose!!
Please continue to petition for the women who actively do out reach on the streets, for their relationship with the pimps and mafia bosses. As well as protection for their hearts and minds. For the girls who have bravely stepped out of their previous life and are making steps toward a better future. For me and the women giving me cultural advice and translating material that we would be wise in each decision made and the words that need to be heard will be chosen. For Hope to continue to bloom in each of our hearts daily.
Thank you, your gifts are held dearly.



No comments:
Post a Comment