The adventure of launching the School Program was quickly over shadowed by the excitement of the Christmas Fair that comes to my city every year. Angela and I went directly from the number 12 middle school to the site of the Christmas Fair. It was packed with people.
Since I have been involved with the Youth Group I had to help man the face painting booth. It was a blast and exactly what I needed to keep my mind off the burning question of Why did Mr. Lee not come to watch my presentation? So we worked hard at the Fair by painting 400 faces and we made $320 toward the Youth Group's rent. YAY!!!
While we were there the group of ladies that I see on a weekly basis to study Father's Word decided to have Christmas pictures taken. It was a blast. You can tell how much fun we were having. This is often how we feel when we are all together. I feel so very blessed to have these women in my life. Without them and their constant encouragement I would feel less at home here in this place so far from where the rest of my family and friends live. :)
So, while I am busy telling you about my Christmas preparations I thought I would take some photo's of my decorations in my home as well. Last year when I was in the states I was introduced to Scentsy. When I came back I brought with me some of their products but until now was unable to use them because of the difference in outlet voltage. But this month a dear friend moved to a different city and she gave me her voltage converter. So the scents floating around in my house right now are of cinnamon and cloves. A most Christmasy smell.
I have lights up and my advent calendar hanging on my wall.
The tree is set up and the ornaments are merry and bright. I have my favorite Christmas albums loaded on my ipod and I have been watching many classic Christmas movies when ever I am able.
I have my traditional Christmas tree topper on the top of my little tree. I have had this Christmas tree topper since my first Christmas tree. It makes my tree feel like home. I love my little aluminum star. My dad made it. It is a reminder that even though Christmas celebrates the birth of Our Saviour it is the traditions we use to celebrate it that make every year special.
This red bird is a tradition in my family and this year we have had some delightful discussions regarding how it started and what is keeping the tradition and what is breaking it. I hope that you have some Christmas traditions that make every year celebrating special.


1 comment:
Hello Lovely Denise! I was so happy to read of the school presentation success and chuckled through the many 'life in a different country' hiccups that went along with it... *thinking* of u tonight and for a blessed Christmas wherever it finds u... and I LOVED seeing the Autumn Corleone Family Pic featured nicely in your beautifully decorated apartment... although I had a hard time telling who was who in the pic because we were all wearing black sweaters and as u know, all white girls look the same when they are wearing the same color;-) sending lots of love across the country, ocean and all the way to you! love, Kathy
Post a Comment