Contributors

Friday, December 28, 2012

Official December Newsletter!

Okay a Quick note before you start reading this post: Remember that I wrote this newsletter in Oct. For newer news please see older posts. (cuz my blog is always more updated than my newsletters)



“But above all other gifts, I am most grateful for two; And that's the Father gave us Jesus,
And Jesus gave me you.”--Thankful Christmas by Geof Kimber


I am thankful this Christmas. My family is healthy and I have friends and teammates here who love me.  I have  a very worthy ministry that seems to fit me and my skills very well. I have finished two successful sessions of Shine (a program focusing on Worth, Strength, and Purpose of women), and finished an Educational adaptation of Shine Proposal.

I know that I have not sent a hard copy note in a long time and for those who do not frequent blogs-I want to apologize. I hope to step up my game and keep you more in the loop this coming year.  Awhile back I sent a letter telling you of my struggles to figure out what the next steps were in my life. At the time, I had two or three weeks of confusion and frustration. I clung to the Facts: I knew I was called to this place,  I knew that I am loved by my Heavenly Father and that He withholds no good thing from His children and that He works all things together for good for His loved ones. These were just some of the truths I clung to. 

And Our Father is such a Surpriser. For at the end of those three weeks it took only 7 days until I was offered a position and I took it. In a whirlwind of drama and excitement and joy I was shown the way. I am partnering with Eden Ministry to empower ex-prostitutes for a better life by facilitating Shine (http://myhillsong.com/shine/why-shine) as well as including them in the Shine School Program (SSP).  The Shine program has already changed lives. Here are just a few statements by women who have come out of prostitution and gone through Shine:

*You taught me that I am valuable, that I was never a mistake and that every part of who I am is important because of this I can see that my life has a bigger purpose than just for myself.

*Because of Father’s great grace I am able to work here at Eden and come to this class. I am glad that I now know that taking care of myself is important because I am valuable. No matter what others have done to me, I matter.

*Before I just did what others told me to do. Thank you for teaching us that we have power to make our own choices.

We have high hopes for the SSP. Our purpose is to educate and enlighten young women before they have experienced some of the harsher things of the world.  We will touch on these same three issues from Shine but we are adding some additional aspects. These aspects are: Sex ed and Consequences, How to avoid these consequences, and Human Trafficking tactics to be aware of.

Of all the things I am thankful for this year I am thankful for YOU and your love and support of me.  

       Thank you and Merry Christmas!

No comments: