We have had a lot of rain lately and I have been having a hard time of it. I am tired of rain. Ready for heat. I was riding in the rain the other day and arrived at my destination completely soaked to the skin. My rain coat had had no chance at keeping me protected.
I feel a little overwhelmed-not only due to the rain but also due to the amount of drama that has fallen on my life. I am sure that many of you have also felt this way. Overwhelmed by life's trouble.
I am glad that we are not alone in all this. I find comfort in the fact that My Good Shepherd is with me. I know that He withholds no good thing from His children. This momentary trouble pales in comparison to the abounding grace I receive from His sacrifice.
Praise Him for this fact!!
Rainstorm
Please don’t try to shelter me from the rain.
You never understand that part of my life includes the rain.
Washing my face, my hands, my body with cold, clean wet holiness.
And I am alive again.
With Spirit and with love and with righteousness
I dance amidst the rain.
Splashing and laughing the water shimmers and the starlight gleams
And the air is transformed into a sparkling fairy world
Where I may meet Oberon and he will join my Rain Dance.
Pittering against my window
Trying to get in
Its hard round self chased me in and now I’m cold.
The harshness and gloom have surrendered me into my
Chair and blankets, causeing introspection with its chorus on the panes of glass.
The sins unconfessed spring to mind
As well as the other times this glower appeared in the sky.
My own blue tide sweeps across my mind and the flood gates open slowly.
Trickle by tear my prayers roll out of me.
My fears, my sins, my hopes, my fruitless dreams.
With each sob the load is lightened.
I have found a friend who is able to stand up beside me and join my Rain Song
What a life I have
See how I need this Rainstorm.
Which ever way the wind blows it teaches me how to appreciate my life
Rain Dance or Rain Song I long for you.
Rain down on me now.
2 comments:
Sometimes the blessings come in the rain......well said Dear One! Thinking of you often! Mom
Ah, how hard are the rainstorms of life, and how true it is that He's there in the midst. Thank you for this poignant reflection! May you emerge into His light after every storm with greater strength and joy.
Hugs!
Myrna
Post a Comment