Contributors

Monday, February 10, 2014

Christmas in February!



Merry Christmas from the Small Group that meets at Denise's house every Wednesday! 

Okay, it doesn't always meet at my house, sometimes it is at other people's house. And I know that it is already February. I am going to be busy writing newsletters and posting blogs today. I hope that this 2014 day finds you free. Free in many ways to which I will elaborate more on later.  Today I submit to those of you who didn't get it in your mail box-Denise's Christmas letter.


Oh such Amazing Grace/A divine conspiracy/This Savior in a manger changes everything/That's why we sing/Noel, Noel, Jesus is alive-Jesus is Alive by Josh Wilson

In 2011, I was blessed to get to spend Christmas in the United States.  While I was home I heard a lot of Christmas music. Many of the songs I heard were classics. Some were new. The one that struck me so significantly was the one I have quoted above. My favorite line was not the line I quoted.  The reason it was my favorite because it speaks of the fact that when we have reached heaven all the evil and horrible things will be made right. 

The old will pass away
And we will become new (Jesus is alive)
This baby boy is making all sad things untrue

This year that last phrase is extremely potent because of all the wrong things we are battling against.  Since September we have been going into schools and sharing with the students, teachers, and administration the different risks of trafficking.  
While working with these people I have been able to see how important it is to have people in places of influence who understand and are cooperative with the goals of a project.  

Because at this time we have hit many road blocks to this kind of cooperation. The school administrators do not hold as a high value the protection of their students or that those who are struggling in school are just as valuable as those who excel.  Not that these adults want harm to come to their students or that they didn’t wish that the students who don’t excel would excel. It is more a matter of job pressure and the amount of time in one day. 

They are mostly concerned for themselves. What will help their job security and gain them more favor from their co-workers and their bosses. To do this they must help the students who do excel to SHINE to their most potential.  Although this mind set is understandable in the culture and the climate that permeates China, it is not conductive to our project or our purpose. 
Many times I have felt very angry at these school leaders and their self centered mentality. Thankfully I know that these people are suffering from the same sickness that I do.  Sin is a pandemic that affects us all. The only way we can start to live in a way that is focused on the good of others is to get the cure. Jesus is the cure.

As of yet these educators do not have the cure and so I need to give them grace. The same grace I have been given. So I intend to continue to model the love of Him who loved me first to those who don’t have that love. I am going to lead by example to care for those who are overlooked and underdogged. I am going to press on when I want to give up because I know that the joy of showing this kind of love is one that cannot be matched.  For truly Josh Wilson said it well when he sings: This Savior in a manger changes everything!!





My deep thanks and gratitude for all of you who faithfully and continually petition for me and mine. I am planning to be in the States for about four months this 2014. Mostly I will be in South Dakota, Minnesota, and Nebraska. But I will have some opportunity to be in a couple of other States for quick trips or visits.   If you would be interested in seeing me or having lunch please email me at: DeniseJ@worksmail.net.   I will let you know when I will be available.   







No comments: