I recently spent what was supposed to be a time of rest and relaxation in Thailand. However, the time spent in Thailand this year was filled with stress, sickness, and confusion. I know that we all have had expectations that have fallen short of reality. When you thought the ice-cream was fudge flavored but in reality was coffee flavored. Or maybe you thought it was mint but it was actually pistachio. These days can really change how we look at the world.
I currently am dealing with a world outlook shift. While in Thailand I visited the doctor. This is usually a big part of our trips to Thailand. Bumrungrad Hospital is a very well known for it's medical tourism. Their Yearly Physical department runs all day everyday doing health screening for people from all over the world. It is a very interesting place to people watch. I had no inkling for how much time I would actually spend time there. Many of us have been in a similar situation: Yesterday, our computer was working "fine" and now today it won't boot up. My dental appointment was the only thing I was nervous about. But I needn't have worried because my teeth had no cavities. The routine check up wasn't even on my anxious radar. Alas, it was discovered that I needed to have some follow-up procedures done to check on the status of my stomach and colon. So what should have been a two day ordeal turned into a three day one. At the end of it all I was diagnosed with ulcers.
Me in the hospital prepping for my procedures.
I was prescribed medication and was given a list of dos and don'ts.
In the course of all this drama I began to question if the ulcers were a symptom that I was not trusting Father well enough. I began to talk to Him in ernest. Asking Him to reveal to me my sin in this area. I desire whole-heartly to trust Him in all things. Up until now I thought I did a pretty good job. I came to the conclusion that I did need to trust Him more on a daily need basis. So since I have been diagnosed every night as I lay in my bed in the dark I have been asking Him to help me to trust Him in ALL things.
If any of you have any recipes that are good for ulcer patients or if you have specific thoughts that could give me more peace I would welcome those suggestions at DeniseJ@worksmail.net. I never claimed to be un-broken but ever since November when I broke my toe I have felt that my bodily health has been attacked. Thankfully I know the Great Healer. Who only allows what in the end will bring Him glory. And so in this time of healing I point my face to Him and work on my Psalm 16 verse.
My broken toe-completely healed.
Toes in the sand.
I did get a couple days of soaking in the sun and marveling at the beauty that He has made for us.








2 comments:
Thanks, Denise for your wonderful blog. You are really inspiring. Maybe we'll see you in Casper this summer. tim & joanne.
Sweet girl, I'm so sorry about your stomach. I think they now treat ulcers with antibiotics, though I may be wrong. By that list I would wonder what you CAN eat/drink! Hang in there. Thinking of you often, so often!
Post a Comment