Contributors

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Official January Newsletter

As I look over my future in 2014, I am very glad that I know the one in whom my future rests. Because I realize that I am very unsure as to what will happen. There are challenges and changes occurring in this country and in the various teams I am a part of. I hope that the position that I am working in is one that lasts a while. I hope that the teammates I have invested time, energy, and love into will continue being a part of my life. I hope that the government officials who I have been working with and who have been opening so many doors for us would have favor and not be removed from office. I hope that the school I continue to go to will continue to provide me visas. I hope that I will get to come back to the States for my second home assignment in June of 2014. 

Things began with much excitement and enthusiasm last September and we had high hopes to visit lots of schools and touch many many students. But our human plans are often suddenly changed. This too is my story from the second half of 2013. I can happily report that in 2013 I taught at 7 schools. An estimated 1200 students were educated about trafficking, their personal worth, and how to be more safe.  But these numbers are far lower than we had expected.  Since about the second week of October those directly involved in this education and prevention work have been waiting on our Father. We have been petitioning Him for guidance, open doors, and healthy relationships. 

I know that many of you are involved in networking and cooperative works. It is not easy to get multiple groups of people to work together for a common good. Mostly because every group has their own vision, purpose, and ways to accomplish said good work. Sometimes the different ways or different purposes don’t seem to coexist very well. It takes good communication, time, understanding, and a lot of grace to work through all of the little and big disagreements.

 


So we have been waiting on Father to show us what step to take next. This has been a very stretching time for me. Often I have felt like I should DO something. Many days I was very conflicted in my soul. I struggled with the struggle. Shouldn’t we all just get along?  But Father is working within me a new work. I am at peace today because I know that my future is in His hand and today that is all I need.  I ask that you too join in asking Father to work in my list of hopes above. May you go forward in this new year knowing that He is in control and He is with you. 

No comments: