Contributors

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Official October 2015 Newsletter

Hello to all my State Side Friends and Family,


I know that as I have been extremely busy so probably have you. I hope that your summer has been safe and full of fun.  I have news. Lots of news. AS things seem to be in a constant set of motion over here I want to let you in on some of the changes in my world.

  1. Meet Ms. Jasmer, the new Biology teacher at MSG. MSG stands for Modular Study Group it is a private non registered international school in Kunming. The reason that it is called MSG is that we don’t have school every day. The students are mostly from rural areas where there are no international schools. This program allows them to be homeschooled but have teachers and a student community. They travel to Kunming once a month and have 5 days of intense class with a teacher and other students. Then they go home and do most of the work from home. Please lift me up as I teach these kids. First time teacher. Life time learner. Lover of Science. 
Denise with fellow teachers

Denise with students

2. Meet Nurse Educator Jasmer, the new volunteer and educator at the Sanford International Pediatric Clinic. This opportunity arose suddenly and may evolve into full time work. At this time I will be working along side Chinese nurses and may be involved in teaching them some small professional improvements as well as medical English.  




3. Meet two of my new teammates. They have recently moved to Kunming and I am in process of training them how to run the program. As I get more involved at the clinic they will take on more responsibility. 




4. Denise is moving. She has enjoyed a rare and delightful situation to have lived in one place for 6 years. Now she is moving to a first floor apartment that has a front and back patio. The last few years I have wanted to have more greenery and nature in my home and Father has given this gift to me.  

In the moving process

5.The SPP is changing once again. Our government partner has notified us that we need to change the format from an assembly to an English Corner. So, the two new teammates plus Angela and I, will all be working this fall to change the curriculum. It is exhausting but worth while. 


 Please join me in thanking Father for the fruit, the growth, and the opportunity to plant.  
Fruit: SPP is still effective and desired by schools and by our gov’t partner. My neighbors are sad to see me go.


One of my junior high girls from last year

Growth: new positions mean new learning opportunities, new leadership positions are stretching and cause us to rely on Father more, the ability to use the gift of hospitality to a greater degree. The SPP is gaining new workers. 


Hosting more groups 

Planting: new friends, co-workers, and neighbors are all someone who can hear the good news from me. Saying goodbye to old neighbors opens a door to tell the good news. Real plants give joy. You are welcome to visit anytime!
front yard

back yard



This is my current junior high small group

No comments: