Contributors

Thursday, January 21, 2016

Official November 2015 Newsletter!


Grace, grace, God’s grace, grace that is greater than all our sin.~ Julia H Johnston 1911


Do you ever get tired of hearing about it? I am sure that I have before, but in my current season I cannot get enough of it. The reassurance that I do not need to strive to earn Father’s love and acceptance is life giving. Last week we sang a chorus of: Your Grace is Enough. I started to think about whether or not I would still worship and obey Him if the only good thing He gave me was my salvation. 


What about you?

There are many terrible things that happen in this world. Just think of how many have happened to you. On the other hand, there are also numerous joys. How many of these have happened to you just today?


His blessings abound. Perchance not perceived by us as miracles in the day to day, but truly they are just as much His grace to us as Christ’s death and resurrection. For we deserve none of it. First Corinthians 1:27 clearly states that Father uses us in spite of us. I can clearly testify to His grace and the fact that He continues to use me in spite of what a disaster I am. 


Current Testimony: My e-bike has been such a gift to me in so many ways. Recently,it has constantly given me reason to be thankful to Father for His grace and for the grace exhibited by others. 


I have left my keys in the trunk at least seven or eight times. How foolish. I haven’t learned from the first time? Each time I am convinced my bike will not be there once I return. Twice I returned to find my keys gone but the bike still there. Once it was missing, only to be found in a special safe place. Each time I am resorted to praise. This last time I felt impelled to tell you all about it. I only hope that I would still praise Him if I don’t find my bike ever again. Like my friend, Liz, who has had eight bikes locked up and safe stolen. Frustrated? Of course, by never forgetting that those bikes were not her’s to begin with, they were a gift from her Father. Do I keep not having my bike stolen because I have been wise and  smart and cautious? Obviously Not!! Does Liz keep getting her’s stolen because she is dumb and a terrible person? Certainly Not. We may live in a world that sometimes seems to operate on karma. But honestly, I am so glad that God doesn’t. 


He loves us too much to let us get what we deserve. And if that were only applied to heaven and hell it would be enough. But I am thankful that that would be too small a matter for such a great God. And so, He lavishes us with His special gifts. Like butterflies, e-bikes, sun showers, unexpected change in pockets, and random notes from good friends. 



Your grace is enough, Your grace is enough, Your grace is enough for me.~Matt Maher 2008









No comments: