Contributors

Monday, March 16, 2009

FECC

Feb 15, 2009.

I spoke briefly at First Evangelical Covenant Church on Sunday the 15th of Feb and was encouraged by the spirit of Outreach that I found there. The family of faith that I knew welcomed me with loving arms. I was able to speak to several children and touch based with many old friends about my plans. It was good to see familar faces and to give hugs to those I hadn't seen in a while. One boy asked me if it was okay to take one of my pictures with my prayer requests on it, because he said that his day care always prays for people. Of course I said he could have one. The next day I walked into my BSF class and saw my picture hanging up on the prayer map. The teacher from that class, Emmy Harris, saw me and we knew each other from high school and she told me that they prayed for me. I met a woman who was visiting FECC and she and I talked for a long time about China and about the language hurdle I will have to jump. I showed her Rosetta Stone and encouraged her to look into it for her own language learning needs. Boy do I sound like an advertisement. :) Then I got to go out to eat with close family friends the McGee family.

No comments: