Contributors

Monday, March 16, 2009

Sophomore Youth Group

February 10th 2009.

I was a Sophomore high school girl along time ago, but I had the opportunity to be with 8 young ladies on the 17th of Feb. Each one was full of life and reminded me of what it was like to be far from responsibilities and yet feel so ready for them. Sitting within their circle and listening to how their day went was so refreshing. I wanted to convey to them the awesome work God was going to use them for if only they would be obedient and follow his promises, I wanted to encourage them to follow the dreams God laid on their hearts, I wanted to entreat them to hold on tight to Christ and never let Him go. Instead I told them of my sophomore year and the time when I ran from God before I turned and embraced the call on my life that is Servitude. It was interesting to hear adult's comments come out of young girls. "I wish I could do something like that, but I am too close to my family." or "Is it safe." I am struck by questions like these. Not really by these young believers but when the sam type of questions come from seasoned faith followers I feel down trodden. Is there any place that is safe if you are out side God's will?? If God asked you to leave your family would you not? I too love my family. Some of my closest friend are like sisters to me. Do I not ache in agony the thought of leaving them behind. Do I not fear the idea of being in a place where I may not be able to communicate safely with others? And yet, I go, clinging onto the Father's out streached and stong arm. Knowing that He alone can keep me safe and that without Him I have no family. I hope that I was able to encourage these young women to follow God's path for them no matter how hard it may seem to the world's eye.

2 comments:

PegS said...

Thank you for all the posts! Was wondering how to pray . . . and now I know!!

rhonda said...

I am reminded of the fact that we are all on a journey of our own with God, and that He takes us each at a specific pace and on a specific path that is best for each of us! He knows best and is so good in all He does! Thanks for sharing your heart, I am encouraged and praying!!