Contributors

Friday, October 9, 2009

Bike Ride

So, I took my first solo bike ride since being here and I have news for you. 1. Riding a bike is much more scary than walking here. There are so many things to keep track of. The other bicyclists, the other motorcyclists, the cars, the buses, the pedestrians. The many many many pedestrians. I biked from Ruth's home to my new home. It really didn't take very long but it was a frightful ride-against traffic, with traffic, paused in traffic. This is all very new and different and you can just continue to think of me during this time. Oh and for those of you who wanted to know I do have a basket on the front of my bike...:)

2 comments:

PegS said...

A basket only on the front? You can add some to the rear too!! So glad you are settling in. Thinking of you daily.

jnet said...

the basket is fitting for you denise :) i could even see you with a bell :) drive careful girl!!!