Please do not post in any public place and only share as confidential requests.
So my dear friend and I had coffee last week and we swapped stories. See, she has been living in the United States for the last school year. Going to an American High school. Talk about scary-cute little impressionable innocent 16 year old Chinese girl living in California and going to a public high school. Yikes!! She told me that the thing that was the most shocking at first was the Public Displays of Affection in the halls at school. She also complained that the only thing someone her age can do is go shopping. Such funny and correct assessments of high school. We laughed when she shared how she tried to make Yunnan food for her host family and what a disaster it was.
She asked me why I would come to China when being a nurse in the States is so lucrative. I shared with her that I am a follower of the Only Way and that as a believer I want other people to know that the Father loves them. I had heard that some people in Yunnan had leprosy and that many people didn't want to help them but that I wanted to help them because Father loves them. Although, I know that before she left for the USA I had told her of my beliefs but she had forgotten and so she shared with me that her host mother in California was also a follower and that she often would go with her host mother to services.

I would love for all of you to hold her and her host family in your thoughts.
So my dear friend and I had coffee last week and we swapped stories. See, she has been living in the United States for the last school year. Going to an American High school. Talk about scary-cute little impressionable innocent 16 year old Chinese girl living in California and going to a public high school. Yikes!! She told me that the thing that was the most shocking at first was the Public Displays of Affection in the halls at school. She also complained that the only thing someone her age can do is go shopping. Such funny and correct assessments of high school. We laughed when she shared how she tried to make Yunnan food for her host family and what a disaster it was.
She asked me why I would come to China when being a nurse in the States is so lucrative. I shared with her that I am a follower of the Only Way and that as a believer I want other people to know that the Father loves them. I had heard that some people in Yunnan had leprosy and that many people didn't want to help them but that I wanted to help them because Father loves them. Although, I know that before she left for the USA I had told her of my beliefs but she had forgotten and so she shared with me that her host mother in California was also a follower and that she often would go with her host mother to services.
I would love for all of you to hold her and her host family in your thoughts.
No comments:
Post a Comment