Contributors

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

June Newsletter









I have been very busy these past few months.  Productively busy. I have been told by two teachers and a principle that the work I am doing for them is very important. So I feel not only productive but appreciated. These feelings make my hectic-ness, my tiredness, my internal stress all worthwhile. I feel very alone despite all the busyness. 

But I am not alone. Sure, I am the one preparing for lessons, I am the one entering the data after each session, I am the one standing up there in front of students. But I have always had a team even before my “team” was put together.  My Team Leader is at work even when I cannot see it. 

We have been working on how to do followup with the students we teach. It is an on going question we discuss. I feel that through a series of guided events we are in the first stages of preparing a good followup system. This is an answer to my many petitions and many of your thoughts for me. I have been fretting about it because I finally have a contract and the contract says that the follow up program will be in place and ready to be implemented by August. I know that I am unexperienced and unskilled to do this. And I had expressed all these feelings to both sides of my team. Both the physical and spiritual teams. Everyone was on the same page. 


Enter the plans of my Team Leader. Last week, I was called in to substitute at an English Corner. I led an hour long English Corner with students who had already sat through my initial teaching. It was a blast and got me thinking. We as a team discussed the options and came up with a followup plan that we offer each school an English Corner program (6 sessions) that takes place after the initial teaching. Between now and the end of June we will be working on a curriculum for each English Corner session that corresponds to the  6 points of my teaching (1.value, 2. good decisions, 3.potential, 4. sex has physical consequences, 5. sex has emotional consequences, 6. the tricks traffickers use.) This idea would have never come to me on my own. Thank you, Team Leader. 

Today, I met with a woman who has been living here teaching English. She and I met to discuss her possible collaboration with the Shine School Program.  This all comes just a week after our first session of English Corner.  I am hoping that my Team Leader wants her to be a part of my team. I think her skills would be very helpful to our project. But whether or not she is going to be a part of my team or not I would like your thoughts and petitions for a team that works well together and that we can share the responsibilities of the job. 

I am so thankful for the team I have been given in You. For it truly is a team effort to follow the Team Leader. Thank you for your faithfulness both in financial ways as well as in lifting me up. 



2 comments:

LaVonne said...

Love to hear about all you do... love you!

Peggy said...

Woohoo! It is so awesome to hear how our reminding Father of you is being answered! I love you, too.