Contributors

Friday, September 18, 2009

Kunming

9/18/09

Here I am. Thankfully I arrived with amazingly minimal glitches. I did not have to transfer my luggage from LAX domestic to LAX international and in Denver no one even measured my luggage to make sure it fit the requirements. Customs was a breeze. Warren and Song met me at the gate and told me that if I just keep walking no one will stop you but if you stop at the x-ray machine then they question you. I am getting to know my team mates better and have been told countless times to take it easy take it slow. I slept really well last night and visited an apartment today with Scarlett. Mom and Dad will be relieved to know that I did not take that apartment because the guest bathroom had only a squatty potty. I am learning that life goes at a slower pace here and the life of one who must rely on others is even slower than slow. I am not complaining only reflecting on the amount of patience I will need to receive from above. Scarlett and I also visited a pet store today and I was amazed to see golden retrievers here for sale. Also took a walk through the park today on my way to see the apartment and there were tons of people doing morning exercises and dancing. One of these days I will take a video for you to see it. On my very first day I got a cell phone which was a very different task than when you get one in the US. The service is attached to a little chip that you buy separate from the actual phone. Anyway, dinner is about to be served and Ruth did all the work so I should go help her soon. Love you all. Denise

2 comments:

jnet said...

glad to hear you are safe and sound.

PegS said...

Ditto what Jnet wrote. Pace your self. Thinking of you often.